The location where appeared Castle Vigolo was occupied by a “castelliere”, it was a refuge for primitive population in bronze age (1500 -900 B. C.) and in iron age (900-100 B.C.), like in locality Castellar and south of Bosentino. Moreover it was a fortified place, where taken up residence.
In Roman period it was a real fortified establishment, because below antique tower passed the road that collected Trento and Valsugana. The property of this settlement (castle) was for a long time of countrymen, called vicini (neighbours). The castle in late middle age was even property of episcopal prince of Trento and it was allowed to neighbours use territory paying a tribute.
At the arrival of Frederick of Sweden the property was assigned to noble supporters of emperor and jurisprudence to a noble local family faithful to bishop. Nomination of clergy proponents depended on diocese of Feltre, as well as nomination of noble masters depended on diocese of Trento.
In 1477 family Taberelli de Fatos from Terlago took possession of castle. The actually appearance of castle owed by reconstruction in XV and XVII century, it remains not many from middle age configuration except the tower, because castle was attacked and destroyed by family Ezzelini especially in XIII century.
LEVICO TERME - S. BIAGIO
Situated on the top of homonymous hill, on an archaeological important area. Inside you can admire interesting frescoes from 1200-1500 recently restored. The walk to church is easy and offers a great panorama.
RONCEGNO TERME - CHURCH SS. PIETRO E PAOLO
It was rebuilt between 1758 –and 1773 on the previous church. The most precious element of the church is the altarpiece dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul and to the Holy Trinity, by Francesco Guardi.
CALCERANICA AL LAGO - CHURCH S. ERMETE
It dates back to the year 1000, it was built in Romanic-Gothic style and it is the most ancient church of Valsugana. It was built on the basis of an old temple dedicated to Diana, which is still possible to admire in church.
BORGO VALSUGANA - ST. ROCCO CHURCH AND ST. MICHAEL CHAPEL
Its frescoes date back to 1516. It was built in 1509 on a previous building. It is nowadays a morgue, thus respecting the vote expressed by the local population which had been preserved from the plague.
CHURCH SAN CRISTOFORO AL LAGO
Built on temple dedicated to Diana and Neptun, already mentioned in XIII century. The bell might be the oldest of whole area of Pergine.
VALLEY SELLA (BORGO VALSUGANA) - HERMITAGE OF ST. LAURENCE
It is a frescoed capital, with frescoes by a German anonymous painter, people prey and perform pilgrimages. The capital preserves graffiti left behind by the pilgrims during their visits to the church, when they beg for grace.
CARZANO - PARISH CHURCH MADONNE DELLE NEVI
Baroque church from end of seventeenth century, with octagonal structure. The church was declared national monument in memory of a terrible battle in village Carzano during the First World War.
CASTELLO TESINO - CHURCH ST. HYPPOLITE
It was built in 1436 on the homonymous hill, on the ruins of the previous Roman castle, which dominated the valley from above and controlled the ancient Via Claudia Augusta Altinate. Built in 1436 and inside you can admire the decoration with a precious cycle of frescoes of the 15th century and the majestic ceiling of the 18th century.